Warehouse Distribution Lead
Would you like a job where you absolutely know at the end of the day that you made a difference? Roadrunner Food Bank is seeing unprecedented demand not only from people living with food insecurity every day, but also from families that are newly in need. You can be part of the solution by helping us continue to provide food and hope to hundreds of thousands of New Mexicans experiencing hunger.
We are seeking a Distribution Lead to provide guidance and communicate necessary information to the distribution team while on shift. Will also provide customer service to vendors and volunteers as needed and ensure that orders are processed according to standards and are accurate and safely built. The Distribution Lead will use our inventory software to process orders and ensure our warehouse is properly cleaned. This is a non-exempt position scheduled to work noon - 8pm Sunday through Thursday
Key areas of responsibility include:
Inventory and Order Fulfillment
- Ensure Pick Bin inventory accuracy daily
- Post Inventory Adjustments as assigned
- Ensures all orders are filled and accurate.
- Works to accommodate out of process requests and ensures that such requests have a minimally negative impact on operations.
- Ensures TEFAP, purchased or grant funded items are accurate and an investigation is completed to correct inventory prior to leaving the facility
- Provides constructive feedback, advice and support to warehouse specialists and volunteers
- Works with Transportation Department to ensure on time outgoing deliveries and order accuracy
- Provide training to staff as assigned.
- Provide excellent customer service to volunteers, work with Distribution Manager to plan for utilization of volunteer labor
- Provides coaching to warehouse specialists in order to increase their efficiency and productivity
- Provides support to warehouse specialists through constant communication and mentoring
- Keeps manager informed of any concerns, process deviations, and any other relevant information
- Provide relevant communication via email, stays up to date with organizational happenings by checking email daily.
- Creates daily Pick List
- Runs Jet reports and inventory reports daily
- Uses Ceres to perform inventory functions as directed by the Distribution Manager
- Effective working knowledge of Ceres warehouse functions and other systems as assigned
Safety & Compliance
- Assists operations team with accident prevention program, ensures all reasonable actions are taken to prevent accidents or injuries, and ensures a safe and productive work environment
- Assists the management team in investigating all accidents, customer complaints, and helps to develop steps for prevention
- Gives presentations during meetings when assigned to discuss safety and potential risks
- Conducts equipment audits then reports findings to operations team and suggests action plan when necessary
- Ensures adherence to cleanliness and pest control standards in assigned area as directed by the QA department
- Upholds cold chain and food safety standards as set by RRFB and regulatory agencies
Other duties as assigned
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does help guide the daily activities of the team and may oversee volunteers and interns as assigned
- High school Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years warehouse experience including handling product, utilizing software and technology (scanners, etc.)
- Six months minimum operating warehouse heavy equipment (electric jacks, rider jacks, and / or forklifts)
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Basic mathematical & computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Outlook or comparable spreadsheet / email software
- Strong decision-making skills, good judgement
- Ability to operate scanners/ electronics
- One year of experience working in a Food Bank warehouse operations environment
- Negative Drug Screen
- Successful Background Clearance
- Primary work is in a warehouse environment
- May be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures.
- Frequent lifting of up to 50-75 lbs. is required
- Required to pull more than 1000 lbs. with a pallet jack
- Required to handle individual pieces of produce and use senses to determine the quality of product.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
Currently interviewing – please apply as soon as possible.
Roadrunner Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer
Pay: from $17/hour
Job Status: Full Time