Would you like to spend your day helping New Mexico’s communities have access to enough food? Would you like to combine your passion for teaching with your strong organizational skills to host engaging educational sessions with food pantries serving neighbors experiencing hunger? Roadrunner Food Bank is seeking a Training Coordinator to join our Service Insights team in our Albuquerque office in developing and delivering technical education to food pantry partners throughout the state.
The Training Coordinator supports food bank partner agencies in the adoption of a client management software system that allows for a real time, deeper understanding of the strengths and challenges faced by neighbors experiencing hunger. This role assists agencies with identifying readiness to adopt the platform and troubleshooting tech integration into food distribution processes and facilitates learning experiences for non-technical audiences to use the platform.
This role also supports the Service Insights Initiative in developing training materials and processes as well as shares learned best practices with the state-wide partner network. This position will work closely on projects with a team located in both the Albuquerque and Las Cruces offices.
Qualified candidates will have a combination of training and project experience as well as strong technical skills, communication (written and verbal), and relationship building. Experience working in customer, community, or client-focused roles, and knowledge of food assistance or public benefits resources is a plus.
Key Result Areas for the position are:
- Customer Service
- Relationship Building
- Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent work experience in adult education, technology or a related field
- Minimum of two years demonstrated success creating and delivering educational materials to adult learners
- Technical proficiency with software, troubleshooting, and reports that include technical information
- The ability to translate highly technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Office environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and standard office equipment
- Ability to travel in-state up to 30%, including overnight stays*, to conduct software training and launch (*COVID-19 pandemic safety permitting)
- Passion for and commitment to Roadrunner Food Bank’s mission, vision, and values
- Bilingual in Spanish and English strongly preferred
- Proven ability to plan and facilitate successful community or customer trainings or meetings
- Prior food banking, public benefits, or community organizing experience
- Experience collaborating closely with cross-functional teams on technical projects or development of educational materials
- Negative Drug Screen
- Successful Background Clearance
- This job is performed in an office setting but extensive travel to partner agencies throughout the state is required
- Frequently required to stand and walk and to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- Extensive computer operation with repetitive finger movement
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
- Occasional outdoor exposure to all-weather environments
- Noise level is typically moderate
Cover letter and resume required. Currently interviewing - please apply as soon as possible.
Roadrunner Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer
Pay: $16 to $17.50/hour
Job Status: Full Time