Food Rescue Manager
Would you like a job where you absolutely know at the end of the day that you made a difference? Roadrunner Food Bank is seeing unprecedented demand not only from people living with food insecurity every day, but also from families that are newly in need. You can be part of the solution by helping us continue to provide food and hope to hundreds of thousands of New Mexicans experiencing hunger.
We have an immediate opening for a Food Rescue Manager who is responsible for developing and fostering positive relationships with food donors so that New Mexico’s food banks have a supply of donated food for feeding hungry people, as well as recruiting new Food Rescue Agencies (FRAs), growing capacity of existing FRAs, and coordinating, implementing, and reporting on strategies related to the FY22 Feeding America Retail Agency Capacity Building Grant. This is s full-time, exempt position.
Key Donor Relationship Building
- Conducts face-to-face visits, meetings, and presentations with current and prospective donors to secure donated food and grocery products
- Attends donor events such as store openings, tours, training sessions and others as requested
- Actively identifies, contacts, and solicits potential food and grocery donors with emphasis on high-demand, nutritious products
- Develops and executes a robust donor recognition system
- Develops and maintains a system for periodic, predictable, meaningful contact with current, potential and lapsed product donors
Data Management and Analysis
- Maintains current and accurate donor and pick up partner agency data in the database
- Records all donor contacts in our software systems, Ceres and MealConnect.
- Creates and runs donor tracking reports as requested by donors
- Analyzes donor trends and creates, or works with others to create, graphic representations of the donor data
- Performs analysis of donor data by date, by donation channel, by geographic location and by other criteria routinely and as requested
- Develops curriculum and presents training and technical assistance about store pickup and other donation systems for Food Rescue Agencies and PDOs
- Conducts donor visits jointly with Food Rescue Agencies and PDOs to strengthen donor relationships and secure food donations
- Generates and provides all necessary monthly reports and donor receipts to donors
- Works directly with donors to resolve quality issues
- Works with other departments to resolve donor pick up problems or other Food Rescue / Food Sourcing issues.
- Stays current on local, regional, and national food industry trends and issues
- Stays informed about hunger in New Mexico and nationally
- Reviews business publications, Feeding America communications, and HungerNet regularly for news about food related businesses and the Food Bank Network
- Develops annual work plans which include performance metrics, strategies and goals
- Participates in RRFB organization-wide strategy meetings and activities as requested
Communication and Networking
- Works with Donors, Transportation Team, and FRAs to resolve logistical or other challenges
- Attends food industry events including trade shows, association meetings and network conferences as needed
- Works with growers and leaders in the agriculture industry to secure and maintain in-state donations of surplus produce
- Participates in Feeding America conferences and networking groups
- Works with development team to create and deliver consistent messages to donors of both food and funds
- Participates in organization-wide events and special projects
- Work as a functional member of the team related to the FY 22 Feeding America Retail Agency Capacity Building Grant.
- Conduct research and network with agencies and potential donors to match donors and agencies based on capacity and location.
- Work with transportation team to address food rescue issues related to donors and agencies.
- Train and onboard new food rescue agencies by hosting educational training sessions on best practices related to food rescue and food safety.
- Seek and explore opportunities to expand existing food rescue agency capacity by removing barriers or providing equipment.
Other Duties as Assigned
From time to time the Food Sourcing Manager may oversee skills-based volunteers who perform aspects of the food rescue work such as calling on donors.
- At least 1 year experience in retail, food service, or food banking
- At least 1 year experience in a customer service focused role
- Good computer skills, especially related to Excel and financial database and inventory software
- Previous work experience calling on clients/visiting accounts
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience in a purchasing / food rescue role in a food bank
- Negative Drug Screen
- Successful Background Clearance
- Primarily an office environment
- Travel throughout the state is required
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures through trips to the warehouse or assignment located outside the building
- Extensive computer operation with repeated finger motions
- Filing and minimal lifting (5-15 pounds)
Resume and cover letter are required. Currently interviewing – please apply as soon as possible
Roadrunner Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pay: $40,000 to $50,000/year
Job Status: Full Time