Class A CDL Driver
Roadrunner Food Bank is seeking a Class A CDL driver, who not only is an excellent driver but also has a proven record in quality customer service. This is a perfect postion to put your skills to use, but to also help in our quest to end hunger in the state of New Mexico. If you want to know you are helping hungry families get nutritious food, be home most every night, have stable work, great benefits, and make a difference, this is the job for you!
- Delivers needed food to organizations and schools who help hungry people throughout the state of New Mexico
- Pickups and deliveries of food products
- Maintains DOT mandated paperwork uses an electronic logging device (ELD)
- Reads and understands schedules, customer orders, work orders, and shipping orders to determine appointments and inventory to be moved, picked up, or distributed
- Sorts and stores perishable goods in the proper refrigerated spaces
- Ensures that all stock and inventory items are maintained in compliance with Food Bank guidelines and all applicable local, state, or federal laws or regulations
- Observes all local, state, and federal regulations regarding vehicle transport and Department of Transportation rules
- Completes forms, reports, and logs as required
- Provides excellent customer service to partner agencies, donors, and the public
- Drives forklifts and operates other pallet moving equipment safely
- Can work independently
- Observes safety and security procedures and reports potentially unsafe conditions
- Is consistently at work and on time
- Displays a passion and optimism for the work, provides vision and inspiration to peers, and exemplifies RRFB core values.
- Have valid Class A CDL driver’s license
- 1 to 2 years driving experience
- Proven experience in interacting with customers in a positive way.
- Requirement of lifting up to 100 pounds
- Required to pull in excess of 1000 lbs with a pallet jack (mostly electric pallet jacks)
- Ability to read and interpret information such as traffic signs, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before customers always treating others with respect and consideration
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment and can make timely decisions.
Roadrunner Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-free workplace.
Be a part of something special - know at the end of the day you've made a difference!
Pay: $16 to $18/hour
Depending on Experience
Job Status: Full Time