Warehouse Receiving Specialist
Would you like a job where you absolutely know at the end of the day that you made a difference? Roadrunner Food Bank is seeing unprecedented demand not only from people living with food insecurity every day, but also from families that are newly in need. You can be part of the solution by helping us continue to provide food and hope to hundreds of thousands of New Mexicans experiencing hunger.
We have an immediate opening for a Receiving Specialist in our Albuquerque warehouse. This role is responsible for warehousing activities including sorting; stocking; loading and unloading; cleaning; inventory; customer service; and record keeping while adhering to safety, quality, and food safety standards. This is a full-time, non-exempt position; Monday through Friday 7:00am to 3:30pm
- Sorts Donations coming in from retail and community
- Disposing of trash from expired or damaged product.
- Enters data from donation in inventory system (CERES) in a timely manner
- Follows all food safety guidelines
- Ensures proper movement of dry/cold storage product
- Utilizes barcoding hardware/software
- Reads and understands locations in warehouse
- Meets all RRFB stocking rate standards
- Safely uses RRFB equipment and completes equipment logs
- Unloads/Loads trucks in proper sequence
- Verifies if what is on BOL is correct
- Checks temperature of incoming loads and ensures it meets standards
- Completes necessary paperwork upon unload/load completion
- Responds to food safety and compliance inquires in a timely and professional manner
- Conducts equipment audits to ensure all equipment is functioning properly.
- Assists in the safety and sanitation of facilities and equipment through compliance with food safety guidelines and any applicable local, state, or federal laws
- Drives forklifts and operates other pallet moving equipment safely
- Displays courtesy and professionalism in every contact with RRFB volunteers, coworkers, donors and over the road drivers
- Commitment to the mission and core values of Roadrunner Food Bank
- Ensures that volunteers assigned to the area have an excellent experience
- Completes the item, pallet, and physical inventory count
- Reports discrepancies daily
- Accurate counts on incoming loads
Other Duties As Assigned
- Must possess communication and writing skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Independent decision-making skills.
- Able to complete Forklift safety training within 30 days of hire.
- Able to train with and use electric ride-on pallet jack.
- E.D or High School Diploma.
- Forklift experience.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Prior work experience in a warehouse setting.
- Negative Drug Screen
- Successful Background Clearance
- Able to work in cold environment with proper protective equipment (-11 degrees).
- Typically Warehouse or Cold Storage areas.
- Ability to move throughout the building.
- Lifting or moving up to 100 pounds repetitively for purposes of sorting product/
- fulfilling orders.
- Able to pull a pallet jack with a load up to 1000 lbs.
- Long periods of standing and moving.
- Work will be both in and outdoors but can be subject to extreme temperatures in either environment.
- Moderate exposure to loud noise levels.
Resume and cover letter are required. Currently interviewing – please apply as soon as possible.
Roadrunner Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pay: from $15/hour
Job Status: Full Time