Would you like a job where you absolutely know at the end of the day that you made a difference? Roadrunner Food Bank is seeing unprecedented demand not only from those living with food insecurity every day, but also from families that are newly in need. You can be part of the solution by helping us continue to provide food and hope to hundreds of thousands of New Mexicans experiencing hunger.
We are seeking a Receptionist for our Albuquerque office. The receptionist sets the standard of customer service for Roadrunner Food Bank by ensuring visitors feel warmly welcomed and by providing the information, service or assistance needed. This position is responsible for opening the public entrance at the beginning of the day and closing it at the end of the day, maintains the lobby reception area, answers phone calls, provides referrals to individuals needing food assistance, assists donors with unloading and weighing individual food donations, and performs various other administrative tasks. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
- Greet and assist visitors who come through the main entrance of the building.
- Provide courteous, professional, and timely service to internal and external customers and engage with the public in a positive way through phone calls and in person.
- Set the standard of customer service for Roadrunner Food Bank by demonstrating impeccable, warm, and resourceful interaction with all individuals.
- Assist individual community donors at the front desk by weighing and logging food and providing donation receipts.
- Accept individual monetary donations, strictly following specified procedures.
- Help donors bring in small food donations and direct larger food donations to the warehouse operations team.
- Answer incoming calls and ensure they are directed to the appropriate person.
- Alert staff when their visitors arrive.
- Provide referrals to individuals in need of food assistance and track calls.
- Responsible for opening the front doors to the building each morning and locking the front doors to the building each afternoon.
- Responsible for ensuring an orderly and welcoming reception desk and lobby reception area.
- Prepare volunteer sign-in consoles so they are ready for the volunteers to use each morning.
- Ensure outgoing mail is picked up by the mail carrier each day, and incoming mail is delivered to Finance in an expeditious manner. Notify individuals when express mail, courier items, or packages arrive and ensure they are picked up or delivered to the intended recipient.
- Complete routine monthly reports and other reports as assigned.
- Perform general clerical support and participate in special projects as assigned.
- Acknowledge volunteers when they come through the door in an engaging and positive way.
- Assist volunteers with the sign-in process and scheduling system.
- Express appreciation to volunteers for their time as they are leaving.
- Actively engage in team meetings
- Contribute to brainstorming and problem solving
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
RECEPTION AREA DRESS CODE
This is a public facing position that represents Roadrunner Food Bank and must adhere to wearing professional office attire. The Office Manager will establish a reasonable professional dress code appropriate for this position.
No employee supervisory responsibilities; may provide guidance to reception area volunteers.
- High School diploma or G.E.D equivalent
- Two years office receptionist and/or direct client customer service experience
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office experience
- Work schedule flexibility; availability on some Saturdays
- Proficiency using computer and internet
- Excellent communication skills
- Resourceful and proactive in dealing with unexpected issues
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work under pressure
- Ability to keep documents and files organized
- Ease and comfort when working with individuals from all walks of life
- Comfortable following instructions and diligent about meeting deadlines
- Engaged team player
- Comfortable working independently with general supervision
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) strongly preferred
- Negative Pre-employment Drug Screening
- Successful Background Clearance
- Primary work is in an office reception environment
- Environment can be busy and noise level is moderate to loud
- Occasional exposure to varying temperatures through trips to the warehouse or outside
- Some lifting of packages & food donations (20 - 50 pounds)
Resume and cover letter are required. Currently interviewing - please apply as soon as possible
Roadrunner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pay: $14 to $15/hour
Job Status: Full Time