Mission Advancement Officer
Would you like a job where you absolutely know at the end of the day that you have made a difference? Roadrunner Food Bank is seeing unprecedented demand not only from people living with food insecurity every day, but also from families that are newly in need. You can be part of the solution by helping us continue to provide food and hope to hundreds of thousands of New Mexicans experiencing hunger.
Roadrunner Food Bank is seeking a skilled Mission Advancement Officer to join our team! This critical position is responsible for the development and execution of a comprehensive and aggressive fundraising program to generate multi-year pledged support from individual donors utilizing the Benevon Fundraising Model, with emphasis on gifts in the range of $1,000-$50,000+ per year for five years. This position also develops and executes strategies to identify, research, cultivate and solicit qualified prospects for major and planned gifts in collaboration and cooperation with the development team.
ABOUT THE BENEVON MODEL:
The Benevon Model was selected by Roadrunner Food Bank as the best strategic option to increase and diversify sources of operating funding. Our commitment to this model drives all aspects of our resource development process since Benevon is designed to build long-term relationships that continuously enlarges and develops a base of donors who are engaged, knowledgeable, and supportive of the organization’s mission. Discipline to follow the tightly-crafted process of donor engagement is critical for this position in order to create a high performance culture of philanthropy to sustainably fund future operations.
- Responsible for increasing participation in the Full Plate Society and Cornucopia Society to meet organizational goals.
- Regularly make phone calls and conduct face-to-face visits to thank, update, cultivate and solicit major donors, utilizing Benevon Major Gifts Success Metrics and Salesforce Dashboards, in order to build enduring relationships which lead to multi-year pledges.
- Recruit Ambassadors to lead Food for Thought tours and increase participation in other organizational donor outreach activities.
- Serve as lead of the Benevon Cultivation Team, including recruitment and meaningful engagement of team members.
- Ensure that donor information is kept current and donor interactions are consistently documented in Salesforce using specific processes.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year accredited college or university
- Minimum of 5 years nonprofit fundraising experience
- Demonstrated experience in raising significant revenue through major gifts fundraising
- Successful experience on the phone in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies
- Must be able to travel throughout the state when needed
- Must be willing and able to work occasional nights and weekends
- Experience working with the Benevon Fundraising Model
- Experience working with Salesforce, or other donor CRM system
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint
Cover Letter and Resume are required for consideration. You can only attach one document through this portal, so either type in your cover letter in the space provided or combine both into one document and attach.
Roadrunner Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Pay: $69,000 to $73,000/year
Job Status: Full Time