Community Initiatives Manager - Service Insights
Are you interested in using your data and training skills to make a fundamental difference in what we know about hunger issues in New Mexico? Do you have experience in long term project management? Roadrunner Food Bank is looking for a Service Insights Manager to implement a software system across the feeding network that would allow for deeper understanding of the obstacles and successes clients face in real time. The Service Insights Manager is responsible for overall project strategy, budget management, implementation of agency training curricula and materials, and relationship management with key stakeholders.
Below are key result areas of the position:
- Project Management experience
- Training ability
- Strong technical ability
- Relationship building
- Minimum of two years of demonstrated success in training or adult education
- Ability to deliver presentations and reports that include technical information
- Project management experience and/or certification
- Strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience troubleshooting software applications and functional issues at the client level
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Office environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and standard office equipment
- Willingness to travel and use personal vehicle if needed\
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume. You cannot attach 2 documents, so either provide you cover letter in the space provided or combine both documents into one.
Roadrunner Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and A drug-free workplace.
Pay: $47,000 to $53,000/year
Depending on Experience
Job Status: Full Time