Cold Storage Receiving Specialist
Would you like a job where you absolutely know at the end of the day that you have made a difference? Roadrunner Food Bank is seeing unprecedented demand not only from people living with food insecurity every day, but also from families that are newly in need. You can be part of the solution by helping us continue to provide food and hope to hundreds of thousands of New Mexicans experiencing hunger.
We are seeking a Cold Storage Receiving Specialist responsible for warehousing activities including sorting; stocking; loading and unloading; cleaning; inventory; customer service; record keeping, while adhering to safety, quality and food safety standards set by RRFB.
Key areas include:
- Handling Food Donations
- Stocking warehouse shelves
- Loading / Unloading trailers
- Data Entry and Inventory
- Internal and External Customer Service
- 3 months warehouse experience or equivalent, including intern training
- Must possess communication and writing skills at a high school level
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn more software.
- Previous experience inventory management software and handhelds.
- Independent decision-making skills
- Forklift experience
- Able to lift to 100 lbs
- Able to pull a pallet jack with a load up to 1000 lbs.
- Follow process per manager
- D or High School Diploma
- Must be able to Pass a Forklift Test upon hire
- Previous grocery experience
Negative Drug Screen
Successful Background Clearance
- Primary work is in a warehouse environment
- Employee can be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures
- Frequent lifting of up to 60 lbs is required
- Required to pull more than 1000 lbs with a pallet jack
- Ability to operate heavy equipment such as forklift, electric pallet jack, scissor lift and ridding pallet jack
- The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
Resume and cover letter required. Currently interviewing - please apply as soon as possible.
Roadrunner Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pay: from $14/hour
Job Status: Full Time